Tuesday, October 11, 2011

grans hands

grannys hands for ihf

I heart faces photo challenge this week is 'raise your hands'. This photo is very dear to my heart..it signifies to me the amazing seamstress and crafter my grandmother is, even tho she would never admit that she really is a great seamstress. She is the one who got me into loving crafts and art, and really opened up that world to me, that I could create something I love. She used to make me cute clothes when I was little and now she's making her great granddaughters (my girl and my sisters girl) amazing things to wear and blankets to wrap up in. Every time I wrap my girl in one of the quits my grandmother has made I always think of her and her loving hands that made it.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Your shot reminds me of growing up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how much do I LOVE this photo!!! So nostalgic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely photo. Cherish your grandma, I wish I had taken more pictures of mine.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Born and Raised Texan girl living in Melbourne, Australia with my wonderful hubby and spunky princess daughter. My love for photography has grown since i was given my first Canon SLR when i was only 14. I haven't put down the camera since. My only goal is to capture the magical moments that make life special. The memories you can look back on and seem like you step back in time. As a Photographer nothing makes me happier then sharing my photographs with others. I adore the eintire process of photography. From getting to know you and your family, to pressing the shutter at that special moment in time...to the editing of the digital files to printing or sharing online...each step of the way brings me joy, however none so much as seeing the final product, and hearing the thoughts of others.

Followers